Stress is the main reason which is stopping us from living our life to the fullest . Yoga is one of the best ways to reduce stress and to calm the body and mind.
Here are 5 yoga poses to reduce stress:
1. Balasana or Child pose
- Sit in Vajrasana.
- Exhale and fold forward with your arms in the front.
- Lengthen your spine keeping the arms active and in front of knees.
- Bring your torso down and rest your forehead on the floor.
- Now close your eyes and take deep breathes and relax
2. Adho mukha svanasana or Downward facing dog pose
- Come to table pose or on all fours i.e knees and palms. Knees in line with hips and palms in line with shoulders. Spread the finders wide.
- Inhale and take the knees way from the floor. Try to straighten the legs but do not lock the knee to prevent injury (maintain a micro bend in the knees) Draw your hips up and try to make an inverted ‘V’ shape.
- Look towards your belly button. Keep breathing and stay there.
3. Uttanasana or Standing forward fold pose
- Stand with your feet hip distance apart.
- With inhalation raise your arms up, keep them active and lengthen your spine.
- Now exhale and fold forward from your hips (not from waist)
- Bring your torso close to the knees.
- Grab your right elbow with left hand and left elbow with right hand. 6. Close your eyes and relax.
4. Legs to the wall pose
- Sit with your left side to the wall.
- Straighten your legs.
- Exhale, bend your legs and pivot to the left (to the wall) by bring your elbows down.
- Now rest your back on the floor and straighten your legs up the wall.
- Move your buttocks close to the wall. If you are not comfortable here adjust the distance between buttocks and the wall.
- Keep your arms by your side, palms facing upwards.
- Keep your eyes closed and relax.
5. Savasana or Corpse pose
- Lie down on your back.
- Keep your feet separated but relaxed.
- Place your arms by your side( not touching you) and palms facing upwards.
- Adjust your body and try not to move.
- Close your eyes and relax.
- Stay there for 5 minutes.