7 to 8 small garlic cloves/lahsun, finely chopped or 1.5 tsp finely chopped garlic
red chilli powder
dhaniya (coriander) powder
pinch of hing
2 tsp oil
½ cup water for kneading as required
salt as required
oil as required for roasting
1. Rinse the methi leaves well and drain them completely and chop the methi leaves finely and keep aside.
2. In a bowl, add wheat flour, finely chopped methi leaves, salt, red chilly powder, turmeric, dhaniya powder, a pinch of hing(asafoetida), finely chopped garlic, oil and mix.
3. Now pour some water and knead to a stiff tight dough and make medium sized balls of the dough. Roll the dough into medium sized rotis or rounds.
4. On a tava or frying pan, cook the methi parathas with some oil till they are browned and cooked on both sides.
5. These methi parathas have to be cooked like the way we cook parathas on the pan.
6. Serve methi paratha hot with some pickle or raita, you can also stack them in a roti basket or casserole and serve then warm or at room temperature later.